Saturday, May 1, 2010

Further research - more from the 1920s

Here are some online images that I found relevant to the project. To begin with, I have this image of a woman in her boudoir. I was interested in the modern style of the room - it is not the ornate and feminine style that I had imagined a traditional woman's dressing room would be. It confirms some of my ideas for the walls of my building.

The ornate design of the theatres and movie palaces of the time have had an influence on my thoughts about the site and the ornament to be applied to the theatre rooms.

This dressing room image raised thoughts about the activities in the dressing room. While this project is based around the private dressing room of an actress who is very dedicated to her role and lover, there is a lot of activity backstage that needs to be considered as part of the setting.

This film is from the period of the painting (1921) and reminds me of the actress and her lover, as the woman in the film is independent for her time (although not apparent in this image).

1 comment: