Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summary of the gallery project

The experience of the gallery and workshop project provided several learning experiences. The most interesting experience was the process of theorising and design. I spent a lot of time trying to analyse precedent buildings and drawings. I tried to influence the building strongly with these ideas and inspirations. The most difficult part of this project was the model, which took days of confusion and patience due to the different levels in the design. I learnt from the presentation that I had overlooked the inclusion of the pedestrian path which was crucial to the design. This oversight was a learning point and will help me to remember to include higher site detail in the next design. The architect juror also gave me some different approaches to design in terms of the public/private aspect of the gallery. Above is a precedent building by Atelier Bow Wow which inspired me to make my building stand out in the streetscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment